Quirky Napier Store Offers Quality 90's Clothing For Sale in NZ
It’s official - 90’s fashion has made a comeback. Forget endless searching through thrift shops, garage sales and your sister’s wardrobe - Two Lippy Ladies has done all the work for you. We offer the cutest and quirkiest collection of 90's Clothing for sale in NZ, brick and mortar and online.
What Sets Two Lippy Ladies Apart Regarding 90's Clothing
We offer only high quality products from brands that we love and trust. Our range of 80’s-inspired fashion is carefully selected before we feature it in our store. Here’s why we’re different:
- Plus-size inclusivity. We know how difficult it can be to find clothing that looks pretty and fits well. We work with brands that understand that everyone’s body is unique. We’ve put together a size guide based on measurements rather than labels - ensuring that you get the best fit.
- Get a feel for the materials. You need to know what you’re buying. So often, what you see online is not what you get on delivery day. We list every material as it appears on the clothing label on our website. You can set accurate expectations for the texture, weight and care instructions of your clothes.
- Professional customer service. We built our business on trust and community. We pride ourselves on creating meaningful relationships with every sale we make. We would love to chat with you - whether it’s helping you find your size, answering a shipping question, or a review of your brand new vintage dresses - email us!
Other Products We Provide Related to 80's Clothing
Complete your vintage outfit by adding a few of our other fun fashion pieces. These details bring your look to life, or they make for gorgeous gifts! Below are some of our favourite finishing touches.
- Accessories - Colour is key when styling your 90’s outfits. Our cheeky iron-on patches are quick and easy to use. They add a punky pop of style to any acid-wash denim jacket or pair of high waisted jeans.
- Jewellery - Jewellery can upgrade your look from clothes to outfit. Try our bright and funky earrings to add vintage charm to your style. If you are more of a shoulder pads girl, our pins and brooches will make a fabulous addition to your neon blazer.
- Lingerie and sleepwear - Your outfit starts with your underwear. Hosting an 80’s slumber party? We have you covered. You can also add some grunge to your look with our stockings. Shop our matching suspenders!
About Two Lippy Ladies
Two Lippy Ladies aims to curate a collection of brands that is inclusive, quirky and fun. We want to share our love for vintage style in a way that is accessible to all body shapes and sizes. You are unique, just like your taste in fashion.
Visit us at our store in Napier, or chat with us online - we want to get to know you!
Create a Classic Look with Pinup Plus Size Clothes
The 1950s was the decade when it all changed in the fashion industry, necklines were plunging, and hemlines were getting higher. One of the most infamous outfits from this sassy era was the pinup dress. These flirty little numbers were a mixture of glamourous movie star fashion with a little playfulness, and as always in the fashion world, classic looks have made another comeback. The pinup plus size dress is a new favourite among women who want to keep up with the latest looks and trends. At Two Lippy Ladies, we understand the need for women to find the right look for their body’s curves, and we ensure that we stock a variety of gorgeous vintage clothes to fit any body type.
Tips for Wearing Plus Size Pinup
It’s undeniable that over the past few years, fashion has been catering to women with all types of curves, and with that, more women have become confident in showing these off. Gone are the days where curvy women felt that they had to hide their bodies under baggy sweatshirts and jeans. With plus size pinup clothing, you can look fabulous and feel like you just stepped off the set of a classic movie. Here are some tips to get the look and feel of a movie star in these clothes.
- Always try the clothes on. While you may be used to walking into a clothing store and heading straight for your size in brands you have always worn when it comes to pinup clothes, it’s best to try them on first. You may find that you’ll need a different size from your normal one as these clothes aren’t meant to look baggy.
- Remember the accessories. The main thing that made vintage clothes look fabulous were the accessories they added. When you buy your pinups, ensure to accessorise them with the right sunglasses or seamed stockings to complete your look.
- Have confidence. The best advice you could receive when it comes to wearing clothes is to wear them with confidence and a smile. Remember looking good starts with feeling good about yourself.
Trends About Plus Size Pinup You Should Know
Vintage clothes are all the rage lately, but there is so much more to getting the classic look than just buying the right clothes. Here are some trends about this era that you need to keep in mind when you purchase your pinup clothes.
- Makeup. When pinup clothes became a fashion trend, the makeup women wore changed to suit their clothes. When wearing these clothes, ensure that your makeup is bold and remember the red lipstick.
- Hair. With classic clothes comes classic hairstyles. Ensure that your hairstyle matches your outfit to get the ultimate vintage look. Your hair should have loose curls and an accessory.
- The petticoats. Petticoats were all the rage in the 1950s, and to get the right look, you’ll need to purchase some of these to make your outfit stand out as it should.
About Two Lippy Ladies
We love vintage fashion and feel that it needs to be brought back to life, so we started our business. We want women of all shapes and sizes to enjoy looking and feeling like a classic movie star.
For more information about the clothes we stock, contact us today.